One Summer was a super quick read for me, and like I mentioned in the prior discussion, it really wasn't what I was expecting after reading another Baldacci book. It kind of reminded me of when I've read a sappier James Patterson. It just doesn't work for me.
I wasn't a big fan. It was an okay book,but I'm not sure I ever really connected to the characters, nor did I find them all very believable. The kid/teen talk was a little over the OMG top. And just overall, it fell flat for me, which I was disappointed about.
I think the love that Jack had for his wife shared was an excellent story, but the rest of the book, eh. There were no surprises, no twists. Pretty oh hum. I needed something more.
1. Is the plot engaging—did the story interest you? Is this a plot-driven book: a fast-paced page-turner? Or does the story unfold slowly with a focus on character development? Were you surprised by the plot's complications? Or did you find it predictable, even formulaic?
2. Is the ending satisfying? If so, why? If not, why not...and how would you change it?
3. How do you see Mikki & Liam's relationship in the future?
4. Have you read any other books by Baldacci? How did this one compare?
5. Did the actions of the characters seem plausible? Why? Why not?
Thanks for joining us for the June Group Read!! ;)