How many fiction and non fiction? 3 non fiction (Two were memoirs and one was a historical non-fiction) and 56 fiction! Which, I much prefer!
Male/Female author ratio? 31 females and 11 males
Favorite book of 2013? The Almond Tree by Michelle Cohen Corasanti
Least favorite? Ladder of Years by Anne Tyler and Life Sentences by Laura Lippman
Any that you simply couldn’t finish and why? The End of Your Life Book Club and The Horsemaster's Daughter
Longest and shortest book titles? Triptych, Kisscut Indelible, Fractured, or Undone all by Karin Slaughter and the longest was Call the Nurse:True Stories of A Country Nurse on a Scottish Isle by Mary J. MacLeod
How many books from the library? 25 which is 7 more than last year!
How many books read did I purchase? 14 but 8 were used or on my bookshelf for awhile. I only bought one impulse buy because I was in a middle of a series and the library didn't have it The others were for book club reads. These numbers are tentative because I have a horrible memory. Give or take a few ha.
How many were gifts? 5
How many borrowed from others? 2 and it was the same person! Little Children by Tom Perrotta and The Book of Ruth by Jane Hamilton both books that I didn't looove. But I'd suggest checking out Little Children.
How many won through giveaways? 4
How many were given to me for reviews? 6
How many books read on kindle? Not a single one this year
Any re-reads? I re-read The Great Gatsby and Little Women. Two old faves that I hadn't read in many years.
Which countries did you go to through the page in your year of reading? United States, Germany, Israel, England, Amsterdam, Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Antarctica, somewhere in South America, Gaza, France, Spain, Haiti, Mexico, Poland, Russia and probably more that I'm missing!
Which book wouldn’t you have read without someone’s specific recommendation? The Book of Ruth, Where'd You Go Bernadette, and The Dovekeepers to name a few
Which author did you read the most of? I read a lot of the same authors but Karin Slaughter was definitely the most read since I got into her Grant County series!
What was your best reading month?
- The Third Victim – Lisa Gardner (July 6th)
- Last to Die – Tess Geritssen (July 9th)
- Notorious Nineteen – Janet Evanovich (July 11th)
- The Survivors Club – Lisa Gardner (July 14th)
- The Killing Hour – Lisa Gardner (July 16th)
- 12th of Never – James Patterson – (July 17th)
- Someone Like You – Sarah Dessen (July 18th)
- Where’d You Go Bernadette – Marie Semple (July 22nd)
- Full of Grace – Dorothea Benton Frank (July 23rd)
- Silent Partner –Jonathan Kellerman (July 26th)
- The Almond Tree – Michelle Cohen Corasanti (July 28th)
- Wicked Business – Janet Evanvouch (July 29th)
What was your worst reading month?
I actually had quite a few months that were only 2 book months. I'm trying to remember the size of the books but I think I'd say March, April and November have to make a tie. Two books in each of those three and none of them were that big. Just ruts and life craziness.
2013 TOP TEN Book Events in The Many Thoughts of a Reader's Book Life - in no particular order:
1. Reading The Almond Tree and the discussion that followed in book club. I love my ladies!
2. Getting the opportunity to review some pretty awesome new books from different sources. So thankful for that opportunity!
3. Reading The Great Gatsby with book club, meeting at a bar called Gatsby's and then going to watch the movie together.
4. Introducing my daughter to Punk Farm. She LOVES that book.
5. Getting people at work excited to read books and giving out recommendations
6. Going to two used book sales at the library this year and stocking up on a lot of great books
7. FINALLY reading more than my goal of 50 books.
8. Encouraging my students love of books/reading/retelling with the wonderful Pete The Cat
9. Falling in love with new authors
10. Being able to talk to others through this blog and twitter about what I love.... BOOKS! Thank you! <3 p="">
How many books did you read this year? What was a reading highlight? Best book? Worst book? Goal for 2014?3>