Friday, March 9, 2012
The Violets of March - Discussion 1
I sat down with this book and the next thing I knew I was on page 160! I really am enjoying it even though I keep thinking a little critically over the details. I think hearing how gooooooooood it is, kinda set me up to find something to dislike.
I will say, Sarah Jio has a way with words. I can see the characters, feel and smell the Puget Sound and I want to know alllll their secrets. This book reminds me of a Kristin Hannah novel.
I like how she can pick right back up on the island like she's never left even though it has been 10 years. I would love to have an island/oasis to go to like that.
1. Emily finds two love interests on Bainbridge Island: Greg and Jack. What are your impressions of each of these men?
2. How do you feel about everyone keeping the secrets and not givng Emily more information?
3. Who do you think Esther and Elliot are?
4. How do you predict their story will end?
5. Do you believe in fate? What do you think of the affect fate had on Esther? On Emily?
Anything else you'd like to add? Last discussion will be March 30th with a guest post from the lovely Lisa!