Psst.. February's Reading Poll is posted on the side...
I am the worst Book Club Host ever this month. Too make up for it :::martini's, cheeseball and crackers :::: for all!! I am soo sad that I am a failure this month but I must complete the novel I started and I will be done by Wednesday (yeah I know I said Sunday, but then the weekend happened and friends came into town and plans changed..) And work happened and yeah, I am busier than ever in the new year and I am working out and am waaay to easily distracted by shiny new blogs and google searches.. I digress...
Here are some questions to get you who were good and read the book on time and all that jazz talking .. :) Feel free to add your own in the comments and talk back at each other.. Discuss Discuss Discuss..:)
Shamlessly stolen from LitLovers.Com
1. Lisbeth Salander's character is enigmatic and antisocial throughout much of the book. What do you see as the catalyst for the slow emergence of her personality?
2. While poverty, social injustice, parental abuse, and difficult childhoods are often cited as explanations for criminal behavior, Lisbeth believes in free will and choice. Do you agree?
3. Were you surprised by the book's portrayal of right-wing fanaticism and violence against women in a country known for its liberal views?
4. Discuss Mikael Blomkvist's role in the investigation. Do you feel that he made as important a contribution as Lisbeth? Why or why not?
5. The narrative contained a number of plot twists. Who did you imagine sent the framed flowers to Vanger each year?
I am excited to get cracking on this and if I have to self-impose strict reading rules upon myself again I shall.. And since I slacked this month if you are interested in guest posting about any aspect of this novel contact me at pinkflipflops44 at gmail dot com. :)