I read this book a couple years ago and LOOOVED it!
I hope everyone else is enjoying it too!
1. Why do you think Frankie finds it so difficult to tell Danny that she’s writing
a book when she has no trouble at all confiding this fact to her husband’s boss?
What other secrets in the novel are kept and revealed in surprising ways?
2. What did you first make of Brett’s white gloves? What do you think they
symbolize, if anything?
3. In The Wednesday Sisters, a writing group helps its members grow in
self-awareness and self-confidence. Have you been a part of a group --- perhaps
even a reading or writing group --- that has had a similar effect?
4. The women’s movement provides an evolving backdrop to lives of the women in
The Wednesday Sisters. How did you relate the experiences of the
Wednesday Sisters to events in your own life or in the lives of women you know
who experienced it?
5. Why do you think Clayton chose to set the book in the era and the place that she
does? How might the story be different if it were set in the present day? In a
major city or a small town, rather than middle class suburban Palo Alto?
Check back Monday for suggestions for October and on the 28th for the last discussion!! Have a great weekend!