1. What are your plans for the holidays? Do you travel at Thanksgiving? If you celebrate Christmas, do you travel then, too?
Spending Thanksgiving with my husband's grandma and his LARGE extended family. Christmas is always spread over both Eve and Day now that we are married. Eve /doing things with his side / Day with mine. No more than 25 minutes of travel for either holiday.
2. How do you make the plans for the holiday? If you have a significant other, how do you decide which family to visit?
Well my husband's mom's side which is large, always celebrates Thanksgiving and Christmas on Thanksgiving so we did that with them. This year we are doing Thanksgiving but Christmas in December now because his grandma just had heart surgery, so that adds in another holiday thing. blah. But it worked that his family always did Christmas on Christmas Eve night and mine always did it on Christmas Day. So that was easy. Last year we did do two Thanksgiving's because my parents stay in state now that my dad's parents are dead.
3. Do you have your Thanksgiving meal at lunch or later in the day?
1:oo on his side and on my side and even my dad's side ate at 1.. kinda weird
4. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
When I was young (before high school) we always went to Ohio for the long weekend and mom and I always went shopping together the next day. Then in high school we stayed in town because of sports and then when I got to college and I started dating my husband I started spending it with his family so no real traditions because they kept changing. But I do sorely miss my grandma's stuffing.
5. After a big meal do you lounge around or get up and take a walk?
Usually we lounge, read the ads for the next day, depending on the weather we may go outside and play football/soccer and eventually we do Christmas (typically). I used to go on walks in Ohio. Not on the farm.
6. Do you shop on “Black Friday” or do you avoid it?
I love going to people watch. Never really find a deal that I need. Plus it is fun to start singing, "It's the most wonderful timeeeeeeeeeeeeee of the year." When people get stupid. Or hide things that people are looking for. That's fun too.
7. When do you usually finish your Christmas shopping?
Um usually the week of Christmas. Doesn't matter how early I start I still keep shopping and finding things to buy.
8. Do you and your significant other exchange gifts? Is there a budget?
We do and we never did until we got married. We haven't discussed this year, but I am thinking it will be smaller and that we may just do stocking presents. I don't want too much and I don't need anything, just cute things for my baby!
9. When do you decorate for the holidays?
Usually the Sunday after Thanksgiving. But since I am going to Columbus to watch my Buckeyes clobber the Wolverweenies this Saturday, I had my husband put the tree up last night and will be decorating tomorrow in between baking.
10. Do you go “all out” with the decor or do you keep it simple?
Pretty simple because I am cheap and I hate putting up and taking down stuff. But I LOVE Christmas stuff. Especially snowmen things.