Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic is Top Ten Books I Will Never Read.
Now I am one to never say never (so says the insane amount of unread books in my house) but there are some places that even I won't go.
1. If Democrats Had Any Brains They'd Be Republicans - Ann Coulter (though I shudder that I just gave her any kind of acknowledgement by posting this on my blog)
2. Pinheads and Patriots:Where you Stand in the Age of Obama- Bill O'Reilly (I personally think HE is a pinhead )
3. Paranormalcy - Kiersten White ( enough with these kinds of books! )
4. The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger (The idea of the book never interested me, but I did go see the movie and thought it was terrible and that I would equally hate the book cuz the premise was stupid)
5. Eat Pray Love - Elizabeth Gilbert (Everything I have heard about it makes me think I would shoot myself and never finish it)
6. Confessions of a Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella (Um just no. I would probably want to smack her and tell her to manage her money properly.)
7. The Lord of the Rings Triology - Tolkien ( Just poke my eyes out first. The 2 year old I used to babysit would ONLY be calmed by this movie. Holy crap snoozefest. The books would just make my eyes bleed. )
8. The Obama Diaries - Laura Ingraham (she makes me yell at my radio, I highly doubt I could handle a book. i would probably want to stomp on it, throw it against a wall and burn it)
9. Pride & Prejudice and Zombies - Seth Grahame-Smith (SERIOUSLY??? yeah mom i wrote a book, but totally copied it from Jane Austen but THERE ARE ZOMBIES. It is brilliant. um no)
10. I am Legend - Richard Matheson (uhhh no I do have a lot of other GOOD selections to read)
What is a book you know you will NEVER EVER read? Have you actually *gasp* read one of these books on my list? Are you pissed at me? ;)
Love that comment "but THERE ARE ZOMBIES." Awesome!! Haven't read one of these books - except The Hobbit but thats not really Lord of the Rings - if you are a purist.. ;")
I've read Confessions of a Shopoholic :) I loved it. It's really nothing like the movie if you've seen it. I really want to read The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings! I've never seen the movie, but I know I'd love them and the books, so one day I will. I can't think of a book off the top of my head that I'll never read, but the first one you listed sounds atrocious so I'll say that!
I would agree with you on all except Paranormalcy, which was a surprisingly original paranormal story, with some interesting characters. But I have been trying more contemp fiction of late as I am tiring of to much saturation of this genre.
Actually, the books are so much better than the movies for the most part -- although I can't speak for Shopaholic. Eat Pray Love was fantastic for the section in Italy, but the other two sections weren't that amazing, although I did like it. I admit that I do have Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, and I plan to read it! :)
I agree with most of your selections, but I loved the lord of the rings. It was really good. I am legend was really nothing like the movie. I thought it was an okay short story.
Ha-ha. You and I could be twins our books are so similar. Way to go on the "taking a stand!"
Twilight. Not EVER.
Ann Coulter horrifies me.
Pride & Prejudice and Zombies was actually really enjoyable...and this is coming from a huge Jane Eyre fan :)
I wish someone had told me not to read Twilight and I regret the hours I wasted reading it. Haha Harsh, but necessary.
I read Eat Pray Love and Traveler's Wife, I agree I LOVE the idea of the later but not sure if I liked the book so much...
I wish I could take back the time I spend reading 90% of the books we were required to read in high school. The only book I've read on your list was Eat, Pray, Love- I actually did like it, but to each his own- I'm not so obsessed I'd be mad at you, it was fine :) Not sure I could even come up with 10 books I refuse to read, haha I'm impressed.
I will also never read P&P& Zombies...
I have read The Time Travelers Wife, Eat Pray Love, and Confessions of a Shopaholic. :)
I have read Time Traveler's Wife and loved it, the movie really wasn't bad, but I definitely enjoyed the book more. I've also read Sophie Kinsella's shopaholic series and love the Becky Bloomwood character! The movie totally jacks it up and I didn't really care for it. I think you have to love chick lit to appreciate her books. :)
Love your comments on Jane Austen and the zombies. I don't care for zombies, first of all, and why the heck can't people come up with their own characters and stop stealing classic literary characters and turning them into zombies or werewolves or vampires or whatever. Sorry...just a little rant there.
Here's my list (which includes Austen & zombies): http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/10/top-ten-tuesday-books-ill-never-read.html
All your political ones made me nod..and Ann Coulter is the anti-christ!!
Post a Comment